Well we final found a link pin front clip at a local junk yard. We welded it on so we can install a 5" wider Warrior beam. On the floor pan we found more rust under where the back seat would be and we decided to cut it all out. We cut up some half pans to replace only were the rust was and started tacking in the new pieces.
There were a lot of small holes in the pan where the seat tracks used to be, so we filled them also.
We finished up welding the torsion housing where the heater cables used to run. Our new heating system will consist of sweaters and jackets. We also welded in some bolts on top top of the horns to install a tranny strap to give more support when off-roading. We are as ready to paint as we will ever be.
OK it's time paint. The paint gun was dialed in and we have decided on a basic black for the color. This is so when and if we need to make more modification, we can just touch it up fairly easy.
This is one shiny pan. The bottom of the pan will be under coated as soon as the top dries. Most of this is being done to prevent rust. But it sure looks cool.
Let's start putting this bad boy back together. I'm not sure who is more excited about this project more, Donnie or his Father.
If you have any questions or comments about Chircos Project Baja please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org we sure would like to hear from you.